Thursday, May 6, 2010

every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end...

Our time in Santa Fe came to a close on Sunday May 2nd at 8AM when we boarded the shuttle that would take us to the Albuquerque Airport. The shuttle took about an hour and a half or maybe two hours to get to ABQ because it stopped at several places in Santa Fe to pick up other travelers. This marked the end of our IQP, which had begun about 15 weeks prior to stepping onto that shuttle.

The people we met, the places we saw, and the things we did while in Santa Fe will forever have an influence on our lives in the future; they have shaped us into the people we are today in a way that an on campus IQP could never have done for us. After arriving fresh off the plane in ABQ on March 13th, we learned new things and matured into more well-rounded individuals.

Of course we had some ups and downs along the way... like getting robbed, missing buses, visiting the ABQ Zoo... but without those challenges and fun excursions we would not have been forced to change and mature.

I wish everyone we left behind in Santa Fe the best of luck in all of your future endeavors.  "Live Long and Prosper"



I will now leave you with some lyrics from Semisonic's 'Closing Time' song:
"Closing time - time for you to go out, go out into the world.
Closing time - turn the lights up over every boy and every girl.
Closing time - one last call for alcohol, so finish your whiskey or beer.
Closing time - you don't have to go home but you can't stay here.

I know who I want to take me home.
I know who I want to take me home.
I know who I want to take me home.
Take me home...

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or you sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Yeah, I know who I want to take me home.
I know who I want to take me home.
I know who I want to take me home.
Take me home...

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from...

I know who I want to take me home.
I know who I want to take me home.
I know who I want to take me home.
Take me home...

Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end... "

Farewell Santa Fe, I will return in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment