Monday, March 22, 2010

And I Thought New England Weather was Crazy!?

So we arrived in Santa Fe last Saturday and I was ready to get out of MA and the torrential downpours we had been having. I've lived there my whole life and gotten used to the whole New England weather thing, I was totally ready for some nice, sunny, warm New Mexican weather, however it soon became quite apparent that I was not prepared for what Santa Fe had to offer me. The night that I arrived was nice and warm, and I enjoyed that, but when I woke up the next morning I was shocked to find that the temperature was somewhere near 40, and soon later it was snowing! I couldn't believe it was snowing in New Mexico, I knew it snowed in Santa Fe every so often but that Sunday we got 7 inches of snow, which is more than I had seen fall in MA in at least a month. After that was over it warmed up for a while and then near the end of the week Andy came up to me and told me this weekend was going to be cold again. At this point I really started to regret the decision of bringing 3 pairs of pants. On Friday something happened that i didn't think was possible, it was snowing, which didn't surprise me too much at this point, but when I heard thunder and saw lightning while it was snowing I was very confused. To make it even more confusing, I walked outside and it wasn't cold. New England weather may change every few minuets, but at least it doesn't deny the laws of physics!

No comments:

Post a Comment