Monday, April 12, 2010

The Ore House

If you are looking for a place to grab a bite to eat that's not going to destroy your wallet there are a ton of awesome places you can go in Santa Fe. The Ore House is not one of them. A few of us went there for dinner this past Friday night and had an experience that was less than acceptable. When we looked at the menu the first thing to come to mind was the narrow selection, there was a grand total of about 9 maybe 10 choices, most of which were similar to each other. To top off the lack of a selection there was the unpleasant fact that the least expensive thing the menu was $15. I cant speak for everything on the menu but I was unsatisfied with my $15 half rack of ribs. To start with there were only 6 ribs, I may be wrong on this but I'm pretty sure there's supposed to be 8. Basically I finished everything on my plate and was immediately thinking about what I was going to eat when I got home to actually feel as though I had eaten dinner. I will give credit where credit is due, the food was good, however we all left in agreement that it was not good enough to justify the cost. We came in hungry and $125 later the 5 of us went home still hungry.

In summation, if you have more money than you want to have then stop by the Ore House to take a load off your wallet and get essentially a $20 appetizer.

No comments:

Post a Comment